如何理解时态呼应中的“主将从现”

2018-10-13 17:08 知识点总结 手机版

一、通常情况

1. 主将从现见于时间状语从句

As soon as I get through with my work Ill join you. 我工作一做完就来找你们。

As soon as my divorce goes through, well get married. 一俟我的离婚申请获准,我们就结婚。

Before they drive any of the buses, they will have to pass a special test. 然而在驾驶公共汽车前,他们必须通过专门测验。

My mother will be very angry with me when she finds out where Ive been. 我母亲要是知道我到过那地方一定会大怒。

Well pay you half up front and the other half when youve finished the job. 我们先付给你一半钱,剩下的一半等你干完了再付。

2. 主将从现见于条件状语从句

If (it is) necessary I will come at 6. 如有必要,我6点钟来。

If today is Wednesday, the day after tomorrow will be Friday. 今天要是星期三,后天就是星期五。

If you train hard, youll make a good footballer. 你要刻苦训练就能成为优秀的足球运动员。

If you add too much liquid the mixture will not be thick enough. 加入的液体太多,混合液的浓度就不够。

If past experience is anything to go by, the plane will be late. 过去的经验要是还靠得住的话,这飞机会晚点的。

3. 主将从现见于让步状语从句

Well go even if it rains. 即使下雨我们也去。

Hell come even if hes i11. 他即使生病也会来。

Hell definitely win, even if he falls over. 即使他跌倒了,他也必胜。

Even if he had the money, he wouldnt buy it. 他即使有钱也不会买它。

Ill try to come, though I doubt if Ill be there on time. 我尽量来,但不敢说能准时到.

Hell probably say no, though its worth trying. 他很可能不同意,但不妨去试探一下。

二、非通常情况

1. 主句是祈使句,如何理解主将从现

有时主句不是用的一般将来时,而是祈使句。由于祈使句本身表示将来意义,与一般将来时性质相似,所以此时的状语从句也习惯上用一般现在时表将来——这可以视为主将从现的一种变体。如:

Put it in your diary before you forget. 用记事本记下免得忘了。

Switch the light off before you change the bulb. 换灯泡前把灯关上。

Wait until the paint has completely dried. 一直等到油漆完全乾了。

Continue until you reach the end of the road. 继续走,一直走到路的尽头。

Avoid bending at the waist when lifting heavy objects. 举重物时不要弯腰。

Do not open the door when the train is in motion. 列车行驶时不要打开车门。

If you are unsure of your HIV status, consider having a test. 如果你不能确定自己是否感染了艾滋病病毒,就要考虑去作检查了。

If you have varicose veins, consider wearing elastic support hose. 如果患了静脉曲张,可以考虑穿弹力护腿袜。

2. 主句含有情态动词,如何理解主将从现

有时主句不是用的一般将来时,而是含有情态动词的现在式形式。由于情态动词的现在式本身含有将来意义,与一般将来时性质相似,所以此时的状语从句也习惯上用一般现在时表将来——这也可以视为主将从现的一种变体。如:

A baby deer can stand as soon as its born. 小鹿一生下来就能站着。

How can you leave before the film is over? 电影还没散场,你怎么能离开呢?

I cannot say definitely until I see Ellis. 在见到艾丽丝之前我不能肯定地说。

As soon as the equipment is wired up, you can use it. 这个设备一接通电源你就能用了。

You can get a better job if you speak a foreign language. 要是你会说一种外语,那你就会找到更好的工作。

温馨提示:

其实,以上提到的主将从现只是最基本的模式,在实际运用中,动词时态的应用往往要当复杂得多。如:

He is an honest man, I must say, even though I have opposed him. 尽管我反对过他,我还得说他是一个诚实的人。(主句是一般现在时,从句是现在完成时)

Well pay you half up front and the other half when youve finished the job. 我们先付给你一半钱,剩下的一半等你干完了再付。 (主句是一般现在时,从句是现在完成时)